Sunday, July 10, 2016

Friday Night = Date Night

More accurately, Friday Night = homemade pizza and crash on the couch night.
It is one of our long-standing traditions with a rich history, beginning in Josh's Grad school days. (Take look at our humble beginnings)  Now that we have normal jobs, wait. No. Now that I have a normal job and Josh still works like a crazy person (and is always on-call) we have gone back to our Friday Night ways. It is such a simple thing (made so much better by the invention of HBO Go) but it's something that I always find myself looking forward to. We love trying new things outside of our house (and there is always something to do in Orange County) but at the end of a long week I love knowing that we can put everything aside for a couple hours and just be together.
Also, I have perfected homemade pizza. Not to brag. But yeah.


This week is Margarita pizza. Yellow heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil from our own plant, homemade dough, and canned pizza sauce. What can I say? I'm not perfect and it's just not worth the time and energy to try and beat Ragu on this one. It's called compromise, people. If you want your pizza "Josh style" (or "ruined style, as I like to call it) go ahead and add some chopped up serrano peppers.


I leave you with this mouth-watering image of my dinner and am off to spend the evening next to my husband, lounging on the couch, with Sven under our feet. Happy Friday to you!


Truth time:
after I took that photo, I decided I wanted a crispier crust and put it back in the oven. So this is actually what my dinner looked like. This is real life, people. And it doesn't always look pretty, but damn it tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment