Tuesday, March 29, 2011

friendship bracelets

hello! i'm home from my wonderful week away and much to my dismay, we seemed to have jumped back into winter. i know kansans can't be the only people experiencing this crazy weather swing! i mean seriously, i thought this was supposed to be spring!  

regardless of the weather outside, i'm already bringing out my summer wardrobe. which for me always includes a bunch of friendship bracelets! which really doesn't take much explination- they're iconic and elementary school kids have been making them forever and a day.

some how i've never kicked the habit and i've been making new ones each season for years, so i've built up quite a collection. these are just a few of my favorites

and of course, sometimes i even make them for friends, because nothing says "love" like some knotted embroidery floss!
 

14 comments:

  1. haha I love it! I made some last year for the first time in years. I couldn't believe I still knew a few braids and it made me want to buy a friendship bracelet book to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful, sweet and summerlike! We are still having winter here in OHIO - it's freeeezing, but at least we have some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need one of those, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! i love friendship bracelets!!! and i'm definitely not patient enough to make them haha.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, that's so sweet! i don't think i have any from when i was young {although we made TONS of them}, but i do have one that a kindergarten student made me at the end of the school year. yours are all so fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, cute! :) I *love* the rainbow one!! These definitely shout summer all over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first of all, how did i not know you lived in kansas?!?! are you going to be in kansas city anytime soon!? we should meet up~!! or even better, you should come down tomorrow and visit me at my booth!! :)

    http://campaign.vpweb.com/0df0a065-1a6d-4b72-9172-91c1bd6b9364

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE big time. Rainbow one all the way.
    YAY
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you totally brought me back to elementary! but i love these and used to make them all the time. i've forgotten how to make them :(

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved friendship bracelets! We used to make friendship pins too. Safety pins with colourful beads on them, that we'd pin onto our shoes. Oh, the fun we had in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I second Sandy's comment ... I had NO idea you lived in Kansas (on a related note, I'm not always very attentive)! And in Manhattan, no less? My sis is a student at KSU, so I make the short trip west several times a year. Just sayin'!

    Also, I LOVE these bracelets. I've been thinking about making some again for awhile now. This might be the inspiration I need!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all but my favorite: top picture--far right.

    These bring back memories for me of summer camp and best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love friendship bracelets! My website actually started with just a few friendship bracelets.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete