Sunday, July 17, 2016

leaving on a jet plane....twice


My parents are finally retiring! And to celebrate, my family is taking a vacation together to Yellowstone in Montana. We've be planning it for months and months and I purchased our plane tickets weeks ago and vacation day finally arrived!

And then we drove to the airport a day early.

But don't worry, it's not like I got my husband up at 5 in the morning in order to get there on time. Oh wait, I did.

Oh yes, we had packed, worked like maniacs to get ready on time, hired a dog sitter, cleaned the house, changed the sheets, finished the laundry. You name it, we were ready to go. And then, while on the shuttle to the airport, Josh tried checking us in on our phones. And I realized our flight is on SUNDAY not SATURDAY. Seriously. I couldn't believe it. To make matters worse, I called my mom thinking that she would be expecting us on Saturday. Nope. Turns out I'm the only one who didn't realize we weren't arriving until Sunday.

Needless to say we sheepishly rode the shuttle back, picked up our car, endured the puzzled stares of the lot attendants, and went home.

We did eventually make it to the airport on the correct day, although my complete buffoonery hadn't ended. After several attempts to check in on our Delta phone app, Josh looked at my confirmation email that was clearly labeled UNITED AIRLINES. I seriously don't know what I was thinking. Oh wait! I wasn't. And then I almost missed our shuttle because I wandered away, looking for Pokemon..... At that point my loving husband put his hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eyes and said, in all earnestness, "I'm going to need you to be an adult today."


No comments:

Post a Comment